Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Build out a team with the goal of owning the design, implementation, and execution of a full vehicle thermal chamber dyno HIL
- Design and architect the interface connection of the dyno to the vehicle
- Design and architect the interface connection of the vehicle to the simulation hardware
- Scope the necessary auxiliary systems to accomplish fault injection and system testing
- Own the interface between vehicle, thermal chamber, and dyno
this is what you’ll need:
- 5+ years work experience in related field – dynos, EVs, thermal chambers
- Experience in growing and managing a team
- Previous experience in automotive product development environments
- Familiarity with CAN, Automotive Ethernet, ISO-14229, ISO-26262
- Strong coding fundamentals – Python and C/C++
- Experience in developing and supporting automated test frameworks
- Ability to evaluate approaches and choose the best one based on fundamental qualities and supporting data
- Experience with Software development life cycles, hardware testing, & production procurement timelines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; reliant on core engineering principals & common sense.
- Experience with JAMA, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, and GIT is a plus.
- Strong communication, multitasking, & inter-personal skills, both in presentation & technical writing
This is where you’ll work:
Department: System HILs
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.