Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Responsible for assisting engineers in the testing, routine maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment, maintaining lab space to meet safety standard and regulations.
- Build system HIL racks per schematics
- Assemble and source hardware needed for the HILs
- Install and debug various auxiliary hardware
- Create framework and layout for Lab Car
- Create harnesses and connections
- Maintain and update all system HILs
- Identify and setup an accurate test environment for device under test.
- Operate laboratory equipment such as DC Electronic Load, Digital Multimeter, Spectrum Analyzer, CAN bus transceiver.
- Perform PCBA and module level testing, and board level troubleshooting.
- Prototype development from engineering schematic/drawings, including electrical assembly and plumbing work.
- PCB rework & soldering and general assembly of wire test harnesses and test racks.
- Feedback testing difficulties and potential design enhancements to engineering teams.
- Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
this is what you’ll need:
- 5+ years of test and build technician experience in a rapid development environment.
- Extensive experience in setting up environmental (thermal, vibration and electrical) testing.
- Understanding of hardware/software architecture and interoperability of complex systems.
- Experience in reading electrical schematics and being able to build to those schematics.
- Expert in hand tools and handheld measurement devices such as DMMs, multimeter, oscilloscope, logic analyzer for building and troubleshooting.
- Experience working with multidisciplinary groups.
- Must be able to adapt and work within dynamic development timelines, with accelerated hardware production timelines
- Coordination with project leads to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks as dictated by their respective milestones.
- Refactor work effort to reflect project status & projections based on up-to-date information.
- Knowledge of connectors and crimpers is a plus
- Knowledge of 3D printing is a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced lab environment.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: System HILs
Location: Irvine CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.