Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Understand the primary vehicle systems and ancillary systems.
- Write software applications to simulate environmental input into the vehicle, including motors, temperature models, lighting, closures, and passenger controls.
- Write software models of controller communication for fault injection simulation and Monte Carlo analysis.
- Develop plant models for continuous feedback simulation of vehicle models.
- Develop vehicle HIL simulation software to test software controls in accordance with ISO26262 and other technical requirements for each ECU subsystem within the vehicle.
- Continually push technology to develop HIL testing capabilities.
- Define and implement software unit tests and HIL regression tests
this is what you’ll need:
- 3+ years work experience in related field (Experience in automotive simulation preferred).
- Test development experience with Mathworks tools such as Simscape, Simulink, Stateflow. Matlab is required.
- Experience with developing plant models in C++ is required.
- Test development experience with Python and test scripts is a plus.
- Experience with Carmaker is a must.
- Experience with NI hardware is a plus.
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as CAN, LIN, and Ethernet is a plus.
- Experience in developing and supporting automated test.
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems, Embedded Systems.
- Working knowledge of both linux and windows OS.
- Ability to evaluate approaches and choose the best one based on fundamental qualities and supporting data.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, reliant on core engineering principals & common sense.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: System HILs
Location: Palo Alto / Irvine Ca
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.