Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Understand the vehicle target architecture including ancillary systems.
- Understand how to derive test cases and support requirements development from “poking” the system.
- Understand the basic hardware schematic diagram to develop feature level test case around the Prime Van.
- Develop test case cases and sequence diagrams based on requirements
- Test experience with CAN test devices such as PEAK, Vector or similar tools is required to verify the written test cases on labcar and/or vehicle.
- Experience with Ethernet devices is a plus
- Experience in developing and supporting automated testing is a must.
- Experience in utilizing oscilloscope and similar equipment is a must.
- Requirement Mapping
- Understand how to use requirements, user stories, use cases and theory of operation, to derive test cases for features and functionality of the Prime Van
- Identify and develop test cases based on understanding of fundamental E/E principles and unique product use cases and designs
- Coordination with DRE and feature owners to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks as dictated by their respective milestones.
- Help support and collaborate with design & development engineers for testing needs at all levels:
- Work collaboratively with various Engineering teams to deliver superior HIL test solutions that helps drive the quality of hardware and firmware designs through their entire life cycle.
this is what you’ll need:
- 3+ years test experience in feature level testcases
- Experience in developing system test cases
- Understanding of EV and larger vehicle dependencies is a plus
- Software development, hardware testing, & production procurement timelines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; reliant on core engineering principals & common sense.
- Experience with JAMA, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, and GIT is a plus.
- Previous experience in automotive product development environments is a plus
- Strong communication, multitasking, & inter-personal skills, both in presentation & technical writing
This is where you’ll work:
Department: System HILs
Location: Palo Alto / Irvine CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.