Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
THIS IS WHO YOU ARE:
The BMS HIL Technician, will be a key member of the BMS Test System Team to implement & maintain quality HW test systems for BMS SW testing. Primary focus for the BMS Test Team is SW testing on BMS HILs. Development on other test system types is also possible.
You’ll report to the Sr. Systems Engineer, and work closely with the Software Validation Lead, and Team management to develop and maintain comprehensive automated test systems supplied from schematics, diagrams, and domain knowledge. You’ll participate in day-to-day debugging efforts and respond to needs of the team to fix or upgrade the test systems. You’ll be a key element of the
Agile Test Team that’s driving quality into our BMS software through the entire product life cycle.
This is what you’ll do:
- Responsible for assisting engineers in the testing and debugging the HIL systems.
- Build BMS HIL rack systems per schematics
- Install and debug various hardware & components
- Create ECU enclosures per spec
- Create harnesses per spec
- Construct test system wiring per spec
- Use hand tools proficiently
- Maintain and keep all ECU part revisions current on HILs
- Research & source hardware, connectors, pins, etc. as needed for the HILs
- Operate laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, Digital Multimeter, CAN bus devices, frequency generators, Arb generators,
voltage supplies, etc..
- Prototype and mockup system solutions from engineering schematic/drawings, including electrical assembly work.
- Feedback testing difficulties and potential design enhancements to engineering teams.
- Work around high voltage systems within Rivian safety standards
- Maintain lab space, parts bins, lab equipment in orderly manner.
- Meet safety standard and regulations while performing duties is expected.
Things you might do given skill and bandwidth:
- Re Perform PCBA and module level testing, and board level troubleshooting.
- Perform PCB rework, soldering and general assembly as needed
- Develop low level drivers to support operating system components
This is what you’ll need: Skills
- 3+ years of test and build technician experience in a rapid development environment.
- Experience in setting up electrical and mechanical systems.
- Understanding of how to debug complex systems.
- Experience reading electrical schematics.
- Proficient use of hand tools needed
- Proficient soldering skills
- Proficient system layout skills
- Experience working with engineering & technical groups.
- Adapt and work within shifting and accelerated hardware & software deadlines
- Coordination skills to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks as dictated by their respective milestones.
- Refactor your work effort to react to changing project status, based on new information.
- Knowledge of connectors and how to use crimpers and extraction tools
- Experience working in a fast-paced lab environment.
Department: System HILs
Location: Irvine CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.