Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Documentation of the CMF definition and content for all programs, Rivian vehicles, Adventure products show room solutions.
- You are aligned with CMF Designers and other internal teams and you follow Program information from a CMF perspective and manage timelines as they relate to CMF deliverables and escalate any high-risk items.
- Collaborate closely with key cross-functional teams, including Design Quality, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Purchasing, Program, Adventure products and the Design team.
- You ensure that design intent is met, program milestones to ensure Mastering are delivered and meet Program objectives.
- With high communications and coordination skills, you will track the supplier and material status and you will coordinate suppliers and internal teams to assist with the successful implementation of materials in production. Updates or changes will be communicated to the plan of record to all stakeholders. You effectively provide clear and accurate Hue, Chrome, and Value feedback to suppliers for material submissions.
- Development of circular material solutions and new sustainable materials together with interdisciplinary teams.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent in relevant professional experience and exceptional ability in colour and material development, engineering, design quality, colour and material design or product development.
- 3+ Years of relevant colour and material development/mastering/coordination experience.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- High interest in creating both external suppliers and internal cross-functional working relationships.
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to change and work independently with ability to manage multiple parallel-path projects.
- Working knowledge of materials development, automotive mass production and manufacturing processes is preferred.
- High passion about the brand, the work and the ability to positively impact others. Passionate about new sustainable material solutions and circularity.
- Experience in all Adobe CS programs as well as all Microsoft Office programs with CMF development timing and color matching/mastering process.
- Travel required 20-30%.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.