Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Work closely with Brand, Industrial & Vehicle Design teams to create amazing soft good products and experiences for Rivian’s adventurous customers.
- Create & collaborate on technical packages, concept sketches, engineering designs, physical prototypes, and documentation to effectively communicate ideas to teammates, suppliers, and leadership.
- Create quality specifications, test plans, and design failure mode and effects analysis (DFMEA) for soft goods products.
- Act as an internal expert in soft goods best practices, manufacturing methodologies, etc.
- Partner with internal teams and manage external suppliers to ensure quality, color, material & finish are met and sustained throughout the product lifetime.
- Interface with domestic and international manufacturing partners to achieve design, reliability, and cost targets.
- Expand the supply base of quality vendors that have aggressive sustainability targets.
- Find and assist in the development of sustainable soft-good materials.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience (or 3 years with advanced degree)
- Experience developing outdoor, automotive, or consumer goods
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from development validation to a verified product
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands-on approach: proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed
- Experience with the full product development lifecycle (problem identification, ideation, prototyping, engineering design, transfer to manufacturing, sustaining).
- Experience with Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis (DFMEA)
- Experience with manufacturing soft goods at scale.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.