Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Rivian Digital Technology Team develops and manages the revenue generating digital properties which link our customers to our physical services. We are developing a world-class e-commerce platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun. To that end, we are building, from scratch, a Charging & Energy Management platform that will allow our customers and owners to acquire charging resources for their vehicles and optimize energy usage. We are seeking a highly passionate, and customer focused Senior Engineering Manager to lead a group of world class software engineers to define, design, and build this platform from the ground up.
This Is What You’ll Do
- Partner closely with Product lead to provide solutions and recommendations – you are able to drive ambiguity out of requirements and articulate broadly applicable solutions.
- Lead engineering teams to design and develop end-to-end services across web/app (React/React Native), backend (Java RESTful Microservices in AWS) and 3rd party integrations.
- Manage teams developing optimization algorithms for energy systems applications including charging, energy storage, and renewables
- Develop state of the art code – influence/establish the software development culture of the team. Establish standards and best practices for software engineering
- Manage product backlogs and lead the team in SCRUM activities
- Define key metrics and KPIs and implement them to ensure maximum service up-time
- Grow and mentor an engineering team from 2-5 to 10-15 within the next 6 months
This Is What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
- Minimum of a combined 12 years of experience as a software engineer and manager
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an engineering manager/director
- Possess strong experience in building end-to-end cloud native distributed applications across web/app
- Strong system design and architecture skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile work environment
- Passionate about fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and think creatively
- Demonstrated ability to hire and retain top engineering talent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic mindset – able to think far enough into the future while ensuring near-term execution and providing glide path into the future vision
- Experience in managing teams that developed solutions for energy system applications including charging, energy storage, and renewables is preferred
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Digital Technology
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.