Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Design algorithms for state estimation of the vehicle pertaining to vehicle dynamics control ( eg. Velocity, surface friction, Mass, Grade etc)
- Design algorithms for performing control of the dynamics of the vehicle with powertrain and brakes as actuators
- Research and develop novel solutions to various dynamics controls problems
- Approach all the controls and estimation problems with first principles approach and choose strategy based on performance and robustness requirements
- Define and implement software unit tests, HIL, and vehicle tests
- Develop robust algorithms for vehicle systems from a clean sheet, including software architecture, implementation, integration and test
- Continually push technology to lead and define the new state of art for control and system simulation
- Collaborate with Systems Engineers to define vehicle, sub-system and component requirements
- Collaborate with Vehicle Dynamics Team to derive controls targets to achieve a vehicle level attribute
- Collaborate with low voltage electrical teams to define and integrate components, check functionality on the bench and on the vehicle
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Software Engineering focused on controls, mechatronics, or similar
- Strong first principles background
- Ability to develop and understand software from application level to base software
- 3+ years of experience in vehicle and system development
- 3+ years of experience with embedded development using C/C++ or model development
- Ability to take large concepts, decompose into realizable deliverables and work with team members to distribute tasks and execute individual responsibilities with minimal guidance
- Ability to thrive under pressure and time constraints, apply creative and critically thinking to deliver exceptional results
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.