Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Create client-side applications along the customer journey that range from managing financial transactions to scheduling vehicle deliveries
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers and product designers to build user-friendly, immersive, reactive applications
- Develop state of the art code with a keen eye on profiling, browser memory usage, load time of the apps
- Consistently write useful tests for all code developed, ensuring a high-quality bar is maintained
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience, with 7 years of building large scale enterprise grade systems
- Experience building distributed systems at scale which can handle millions of transactions/second
- Excellent HTML5, SASS/LESS, Restful APIs, JSON, HTTP experience
- Experience working with AWS or GCP, and CDNs
- Great understanding of SEO & Web accessibility principles
- Great understanding of caching, security and privacy principles
- Good understanding of CI/CD principles
- Excellent understanding of cross-browser cross-platform compatibility issues as well as the ability to debug
- Experience with Node, Webpack, GraphQL a plus
- Experience with Serverless Architectures a plus
- Meticulous around visibility of the systems you build – metrics, centralized logging, tracing
- Dedicated to unit, integration testing and coverage – comfortable using tools of the trade on profiling, source control
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas by rapid prototyping
- Data driven mindset with strong attention to detail, and ability to A/B test scenarios
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM or a similar software development life cycle process
- Comfortable navigating trade-offs to bring the right data structure and algorithms to the problem
- Strong technical background in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technology field preferred
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.