Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Work with design, platform, in-vehicle and data engineering teams to drive platform related connectivity management features and integration efforts with cellular carriers and eSIM providers.
- Build out Rivian’s core network and private LTE/CBRS infrastructure/platform that is scalable to millions of connected devices.
- Work with various internal teams across Rivian to aggregate connectivity health data across all vehicles and devices to produce ML based insights and recommendations.
- Drive product features to support international and new vehicle model expansion needs around carrier selection, integration, connectivity configurations, and data privacy.
- Develop a holistic vision and execution path for enabling additional connectivity types such as 5G, satellite, and open roaming and for supporting the high bandwidth requirements of autonomous vehicles.
- Partner with engineering to maintain a common data model across service providers and facilitate API integrations across both internal and 3rd party applications/tools.
- Develop product features around cellular and Wi-Fi data prioritization, including segmenting data traffic and setting vehicle/network policies.
- 7+ years of experience in technical product management in IoT platforms, connectivity management, mobility, or in core network infrastructure deployments.
- Domain expertise in automotive or complex IoT connectivity deployments for large scale fleets or autonomous vehicles.
- Experience with various cellular & Wi-Fi technology components such as 4G/5G, Wi-Fi connectivity management, private LTE/CBRS, core networks, and BLE.
- Experience building IoT solutions that involve complex connectivity lifecycles, API/network integrations with various cell carriers/connectivity management platforms, and eSIM providers.
- History of working through ambiguity and devising clean sheet solutions in markets that go from 0 to 1.
- User centric product development approach with demonstrated ability to quickly iterate on product features based on large data sets and customer insights
- Comfort working with development teams through periods of rapid growth and scale
- Track record of succeeding in matrixed organizations and collaborating with stakeholders from multiple domains to execute aggressive timelines
- Ability to drive detailed specs while similarly being able to zoom out and prioritize
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.