Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Creative Operations team builds the operational foundations for the Brand by establishing the tools, processes, and best practices to enable success.
With an eye towards scalability, you will keep track of all things apparel design and serve as a conduit between our design, merchandising and production teams. You will partner with merchandising and purchasing teams to implement and operationalize end to end development process and calendar to ensure on time completion. You will identify and employ systems and processes to establish creative efficiencies, creative resourcing and project workflow while always making space for creativity and the development of the best possible product. production teams.
- Collaborate with merchandising and purchasing to develop and implement processes, systems, tools and resourcing to create an integrated development calendar from product concept to final production, incorporating milestones across departments to create a single monthly calendar view.
- Day to day liaison between Design, Merchandising and Purchasing
- Assist with design needs in cross functional initiatives such as sample photography, product details, and special projects
- Hold weekly meetings with Design to review calendar, development progress and kick off of special projects.
- Support design team in creation of design presentation documents.
- Identifying resource constraints and recommending adjustments when necessary.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to ensure processes and timelines are aligned and communicated.
- Act as point of contact for creative development timelines when collaborating with external brands.
- Schedule milestone meetings, generate agenda, supervise meeting logistic and follow up with stake holders on feedback and requests.
- Create, submit and maintain yearly design budget. Track actuals and adjust budget forecast when necessary.
- Support with vendor onboarding, scope/contract development and process design invoices as needed.
- Help with additional projects as assigned by supervisor.
- 5+ years of experience in project and operation management in the fashion industry.
- Experience establishing operations from the ground up
- A deep understanding of the product design and development cycles and calendars.
- Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from stakeholders
- Strong project management experience and the ability to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and a willingness to pivot as needed
- A collaborative spirit, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude.
- Experience working with online project management and communication tools – including Asana, Slack, Confluence
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.