Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Deliver end to end ML solutions including understanding the business need, exploring data, building & validating machine learning models, and deploying the completed models to Production
- Handle all steps in the model development lifecycle - Data mining, analysis, data cleansing, wrangling, model development, training, inference and model drift
- Partner with DevOps and data engineers to develop a rich ML ecosystem with automated workflows, pipelines and tools for continuous delivery and MLOps
- Create shared patterns, feature stores, model libraries and coding standards to enable rapid ML adoption by multiple verticals
- Rapid proof of concepts to enable experimentation and A/B testing
- Perform unit and system tests to validate the output of the analytic procedures against expected results
- At least 8 years of hands on experience
- Master’s or PhD in a related field (e.g., CS, Operations Research, Software Engineering, Statistics)
- Experience with AWS SageMaker, S3, Redshift, Spark and streaming data is a must
- Hands-on experience working with deep learning toolkits such as Tensorflow or PyTorch
- Proficiency in Python, R, SQL relational databases and/or NoSQL databases
- Experience with statistical data analysis and machine learning such as linear models, time-series forecasting, or neural networks
- Familiarity with using data visualization tools such as Tableau, QuickSight, R-Shiny etc. Knowledge and experience of writing and tuning SQL as needed
- Past and current experience writing and speaking about complex technical concepts to broad audiences in a simplified format
- Comfortable giving presentations to senior leadership in engineering and business teams
- Robust participation for functioning in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment both independently and in the collaborative team. Ability to work in situations with ambiguity
- Ability to identify and recommend further opportunities based on data patterns is highly desired
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.