Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a computer vision engineer, you will be part of the perception team at Rivian. The perception team is a diverse group of algorithm developers primarily focused on detecting and classifying objects in the environment around the vehicle. This role differs in that the area of focus is the interior of the vehicle. This role will explore solutions for internal customers within all of Rivian, utilizing the latest camera-based techniques applied to cabin monitoring. You will have the opportunity to collaborate cross-functionally with the Rivian hardware and product development engineers as part of this role.
- In this role, you will be involved in developing computer vision algorithms for determining the conditions within the vehicle cabin as well as the location and behaviors of any occupants.
- You will also get exposure to migrating these algorithms to a real-time embedded system, prototyping on Rivian vehicles, testing, and completing functional safety and productization activities.
- MS Or Ph.D. In electrical, mechanical, or aerospace engineering, computer science, or a related field.
- 2-3 years of experience
- 5+ years of experience for Senior
- Research and development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Understanding of camera models, calibration methods, distortion models and rectification methods.
- Deep understanding of camera geometry techniques to estimate position and pose of objects.
- Multi-view camera techniques.
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning techniques.
- Proficient using C++ programming.
- Familiarity with Python programming.
- Support overall system development for data capture, SIL and HIL activities, and ground truth generation.
- Develop performance KPIs for test and development activities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Good team player with great communication skills.
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from R&D phase to a product.
- Embedded software development and optimization experience.
- Experience in automotive applications.
- Prototyping real-time applications.
- Software development for safety critical systems (ISO 26262).
- Software release and product launch activities.
- Familiarity with atlassian tools.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.