Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a computer vision engineer, you will be part of the perception team at Rivian. The perception team is a diverse group of algorithm developers primarily focused on detecting and classifying objects in the environment around the vehicle. This role differs in that the area of focus is the interior of the vehicle. This role will explore solutions for internal customers within all of Rivian, utilizing the latest camera-based techniques applied to cabin monitoring. You will have the opportunity to collaborate cross-functionally with the Rivian hardware and product development engineers as part of this role.
- In this role, you will be involved in developing computer vision algorithms for determining the conditions within the vehicle cabin as well as the location and behaviors of any occupants.
- You will also get exposure to migrating these algorithms to a real-time embedded system, prototyping on Rivian vehicles, testing, and completing functional safety and productization activities.
- MS Or Ph.D. In electrical, mechanical, or aerospace engineering, computer science, or a related field.
- Research and development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Understanding of camera models, calibration methods, distortion models and rectification methods.
- Deep understanding of camera geometry techniques to estimate position and pose of objects.
- Multi-view camera techniques.
- Machine learning and classification techniques.
- C/C++ programming experience.
- Support overall system development for data capture, SIL and HIL activities, and ground truth generation.
- Develop performance KPIs for test and development activities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Good team player with great communication skills.
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from R&D phase to a product.
- Embedded software development and optimization experience.
- Experience in automotive applications.
- Prototyping real-time applications.
- Software development for safety critical systems (ISO 26262).
- Software release and product launch activates.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.