Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Develop, maintain and track validation testing (DVPR) for powertrain system
- Developing requirements and validation methods for calculations and algorithms
- The position is responsible to deliver validation procedures that include test equipment, apparatus, and location as well as implementing and executing the validation procedure and documenting the validation results
- The position is responsible for documenting requirements and issues using an implemented tracking/management system for both requirements and issues
- Perform calculations and simulations as necessary to establish and provide test requirements.
- Complete root cause analysis using Rivian methods to document and correct any issues found in testing. This may include performing calculations and analysis on components for life and stress.
- Work with test operations group to schedule and perform testing to meet program objectives
- Create professional test reports to provide results, analyzed these results, and provide next steps and actions.
- The engineer shall utilize the Rivian tools to “move” the feature from initial design through to launch, production, and for after-sales software updates to be available via over-the-air updates
- BS in Engineering with minimum 2 years of relevant experience required
- 1-5 years of demonstrated experience developing and implementing electric vehicle requirements and/or validation
- Hands-on experience or great knowledge and interest to execute test plans to validate electric powertrain systems and/or components
- Demonstrated experience with the design, construction, implementation, and validation of electric powertrain test equipment
- Full understanding of system-level powertrain DV and PV testing
- Experience with vendors providing full-service testing and/or dynamometer and dynamometer-related equipment
- Fundamental understanding of electric powertrains
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.