Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Develop, maintain and track validation testing (DVPR) for powertrain system
- Developing requirements and validation methods for calculations and algorithms
- The position is responsible to deliver validation procedures that include test equipment, apparatus, and location as well as implementing and executing the validation procedure and documenting the validation results
- The position is responsible for documenting requirements and issues using an implemented tracking/management system for both requirements and issues
- Perform calculations and simulations as necessary to establish and provide test requirements.
- Complete root cause analysis using Rivian methods to document and correct any issues found in testing. This may include performing calculations and analysis on components for life and stress.
- Work with test operations group to schedule and perform testing to meet program objectives
- Create professional test reports to provide results, analyzed these results, and provide next steps and actions.
- The engineer shall utilize the Rivian tools to “move” the feature from initial design through to launch, production, and for after sales software updates to be available via over the air updates
- BS in Engineering with minimum 2 years of relevant experience required
- 1-5 years of demonstrated experience developing and implementing electric vehicle requirements and/or validation
- Hands-on experience or great knowledge and interest to execute test plans to validate electric powertrain systems and/or components
- Demonstrated experience with the design, construction, implementation, and validation of electric powertrain test equipment
- Full understanding of system level powertrain DV and PV testing
- Experience with vendors providing full service testing and/or dynamometer and dynamometer-related equipment
- Fundamental understanding of electric powertrains
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.