Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian IT is looking for a dynamic Integration Operations Leader to lead the Integration Operations which has these core components – Dell Boomi Integration Platform, Kafka Messaging Platform, API Gateway, AWS Assets (EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, API Gateway, S3, Secret Manager, Param Store) utilizing ServiceNow and JIRA. We are looking for a self-driven leader who can take charge of the operations of all the integrations and platforms working closely with App Dev and Cloud Ops teams. This leader will interact with all the Stakeholders to understand their support pain points and will implement all the best practices to provision stable, highly available integration platform with 24X7 monitoring & resolution of all the integration related issues.
- Responsible for hands-on operations of Middleware platforms along with Message/Broker platform and AWS landscape components.
- Responsible for setting up 24X7 Operations processes working with integration service vendors.
- Manages the Incidents while ensuring SLA adherence across a multi-vendor platform while also achieving challenging efficiency goals.
- Perform monthly review of INC, RITM and CHG to measure the performance of the Ops and present to management.
- Perform analysis of INC and RITM periodically to identify Problem tickets and Automation items to improve Operations metrics.
- Responsible to work along with Integration team’s Infra-Platform leader to implement DevOps, CI-CD best practices.
- Identifies potential issues and drives resolution to avoid customer impact and ensuring integration Platforms are highly available for end users at all times.
- Responsible for managing the DR procedures for integration platforms periodically.
- Manages Production changes and requisite approval process.
- Recommends appropriate courses of action to Service vendors, partners and management on technical and infrastructure issues.
- Ensure compliance with established internal processes and procedures; Apply patches and upgrades for systems- develop and follow change management- perform backups- and administer and implement security processes and procedures.
- Responsible for managing Changes to PROD env. – Release management working closely with Integration Product Owner.
- Ensure optimum availability of the integration platforms with reduction in MTTR.
- Maintains the Integration Operations Playbook.
- Documents and maintain technical resources including policies- procedures- and systems architecture.
- Mentors and delegates to Integration operations team, contractors and partners.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of demonstrable experience in managing Operations of complex Integration/Middleware platforms(iPaaS) & Messaging/Broker layer in AWS echo system.
- Hands-on experience in large scale integration platform operations and application support.
- Nice to have platform skills – Dell Boomi, Kafka, AWS Landscape
- Hands-on experience utilizing tools such as ServiceNow and JIRA for management of Operations (INC, RITM, CHG) and backlog management.
- Proficiency with design- implementation- and support of Integration solutions.
- Experience working with IT Service vendors and partners.
- Project planning and management skills- including ability to identify and assess risks.
- Must have good verbal- written- interpersonal- and presentation skills.
- Ability to organize workload for effective implementation.
- Strong customer and results orientation.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels with sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Ability to function as an effective team member.
- Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Be a self-motivated- highly ethical individual with a demonstrated ability to work as independently as well as with a team.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.