Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Lead vehicle-build activities with focus on hardware/software bring-up and integration at manufacturing center
- Candidate shall demonstrate general understanding of various electric vehicle concepts and/or automotive systems
- Candidate shall demonstrate understanding of software integration principles and software development flow
- Candidate shall learn various manufacturing processes to work with manufacturing-side engineering teams to prevent quality outflow
- Candidate shall mentor onboarding engineers with principles-first mindset
- Maintain and monitor vehicle fleet quality while working with interdisciplinary engineering teams to achieve intended vehicle systems interoperability
- Assist in the development of mule test planning, high level timing plans, and tracking achievement level of vehicle-build milestones through to mass-production
- Support manufacturing prototype, pre-production, and mass-production builds
- Support other Development team locations as representative within manufacturing center
- Lead communication and support of vehicle system/subsystem integration with focus on high-quality mindset
- Create documentation related to specific portions of the vehicle and component Design Verification Plans (DVP) and Design Verification Reports (DVR) using Jira, Jama, and proprietary tool sets
- Lead vehicle diagnosis and root-cause analysis activities of electrical and mechanical systems/subsystems
- Triage failures and issues
- Follow issues to resolution with manufacturing quality teams
- Perform PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Adjust) activity to implement preventative measures against outflow
- Report and create documentation to support findings and design changes using Jira, Confluence, and various proprietary tool sets
- Establish strong communication with system/subsystem function owners and end-users to achieve containment of failures/issues
- Determine resolution path to achieve countermeasure implementation for prototype vehicle fleets and production intent vehicles
- Perform data analysis, control system data collection, and some calibration using various engineering development tools/packages
- Candidate shall demonstrate proficiency with CAN and LIN bus communication protocols (SAE J1939, ISO 11898, etc) and principles
- Candidate shall demonstrate proficiency with Ethernet communication protocols and principles
- Candidate shall demonstrate proficiency with Vector and/or Peak tools for CAN and LIN bus analysis and logging
- Candidate shall understand basic elements of CAN, LIN, and Ethernet physical layers
- Candidate shall perform diagnostic functions (UDS) via CAN, LIN, and Ethernet protocols
- Candidate shall demonstrate willingness to learn new development tools/packages to aid in vehicle diagnosis
- Candidate shall support documentation of new processes and tools in support of team members on development and manufacturing teams
- Improve and validate manufacturing and service software tools as primary liaison between software developers and manufacturing engineering teams
- Lead engineering technicians in daily activities, providing mentorship, and creating processes and documentation for onboarding new team members
- Support manufacturing engineering technician teams in implementing new practices and service tools
- Perform verification and testing as needed in proving ground and public road environments to ensure vehicle drivability and safety
- Perform objective evaluations of system specifications to identify system failure modes
- Perform subjective and objective evaluations to identify customer usage conditions
- Support test engineering team with vehicle maturation efforts to ensure vehicle conditions are valid for certification and validation purposes
• 5+ years in a similar role
• Experience in diagnosing vehicle systems or automotive component failures
• Project or System Management skills
• Experience in leadership of small groups or teams
• Team first mentality
• Innate curiosity about all things automotive
• Ability to work autonomously
• Experience at proving grounds or desire to learn advance driver concepts
• Experience with data loggers and data acquisition system
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.