Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Participates in management of daily operations in Inventory Control. This role will be responsible for analyzing, investigating, and processing systematic adjustments for cycle counts received from the counting team. In this role you will need to work cross-functionally with other departments.
- Manages daily adjustments for count documents submitted by the cycle counting team
- Works within systems to investigate reason for count discrepancies such as misusage, unaccounted scrap or other possible causes
- Performs root cause analysis
- Supports other PC departments with cycle adjustments for new product requirements, launch activities, and daily operations
- Interfaces with Material Analysts and Cycle Counters
- Controls inventory integrity
- Works with finance to adhere to financial and system requirements
- Participates on the Plan For Every Part (PFEP)
- Analyzes production material receiving records
- Performs inventory adjustments for obsolescent material counts
- Supports the production organization while adhering to inventory control procedures
- Develops and improves standardized work
- Other relevant duties as assigned
- Visit customer locations and warehouses during major milestone events to support the team if necessary
- No direct supervision. Supports development of staff by assisting in training and mentoring other employees
- Experience with Materials Requirement Planning “MRP” software such as SAP
- Intermediate or above knowledge in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs
- Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay within budget
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude
- Knowledge of systems interface between Enterprise Resource Planning “ERP” and Manufacturing Execution Systems “MES” preferred
- Ability to create and present summary reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or related fields preferred or three years of relevant experience
- Previous Inventory control experience preferred
Language, Mathematical, and Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee may be required to walk frequently, long distances; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, communicate using telephone and e-mail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this role, the employee will be in the office and on the plant floor and must follow all safety requirement
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to withstand exposure to solvents, fumes, heat, and odors normally associated with paint application.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.