Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Create architecture and process for DFMEA traceability from vehicle feature to component
- Manage FMEA tool and coordinate collaboration within the tool
- Act as product owner for current and future FMEA / FTA / FMEDA applications
- Define strategy and execution for traceability across DFMEA and PFMEA (Vehicle Feature to Control Plan)
- Coach engineers on systems engineering methodologies
- Develop interfaces between FMEA tool and other tools including: Requirements Management, BOM Management, Manufacturing Process Flow, Functional Safety, and Design Verification
- Inspire the organization to utilize FMEA through a clear and transparent process
- Drive effective reporting and metrics for reliability, safety, and quality
- Support on Requirements and Test Management process development
- Support development of methodology for variant and complexity management
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering Discipline, Systems Engineering, or equivalent
- 3 or more years of experience in applying systems engineering methodologies for product development
- Strong understanding of FMEA methodologies, including DFMEA, PFMEA, DFMEA-MSR
- Significant hands-on experience using Plato E1ns or equivalent FMEA software
- Strong understanding of agile frameworks and how to apply them at an enterprise level
- Demonstrate ability to work in a constantly changing and dynamic workplace
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Excellent ability to zoom out and understand long term goals
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.