Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Sr. Staff Data Scientist, Connectivity
THIS IS WHAT YOU’ll DO:
- As a Connectivity Data Scientist, you will partner closely with Product and Software development team to understand and solve critical business questions and develop the data architecture and methodologies needed to execute quantitative assessments needed on connectivity.
- Design, implement and analyze experiments to improve the performance of the systems.
- Deliver end to end ML solutions including understanding the business need, exploring data, building & validating machine learning models, and deploying the completed models to Production
- Handle all steps in the model development lifecycle - Data mining, analysis, data cleansing, wrangling, model development, training, inference and model drift.
- Build recommendation system based on data streams including geo location to optimize our vendor expenses.
- Create accurate and statistically sound summary metrics to evaluate Connectivity health and derive insights.
- Design and develop secure, scalable, high-performance and reliable data platform for vehicle connectivity healt
This is what you’ll need:
- Advanced degree in engineering, Math or computer science with 7+ years of relevant industry experience, preferably in IoT platform but not a must.
- Experience with AWS SageMaker, S3, Redshift, Spark and streaming data is a must
- Hands-on experience working with deep learning such as Tensorflow or PyTorch.
- Proficient in SQL queries. Experience working with both structured and unstructured data.
- Experience in using data visualization tools such as ggplot, d3.js and Matplottlib, and Tableau.
- Experience with statistical data analysis and machine learning such as linear models, time-series forecasting, or neural networks
- Proven track record of anomaly prediction using time series data and deploying models to production.
- Deep knowledge of Amazon’s AWS ecosystem (ex: Lambda architecture, EMR, TimeStream, RedShift) on big data.
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern data science and product analytics tools and techniques such as Python, R, Machine Learning, advanced statistics and data mining techniques.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work both independently and collaboratively with other data engineers. Ability to thrive in ambiguity.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.