Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a roduct Manager for Rivian’s Global Identity Management system, you will define, drive, and deliver our identity access and data management system across all users and services within Rivian’s user ecosystem. Your product strategy will create a best-in-class personalized user engagement experience with Rivian’s products. This is not an isolated role – you will engage with cross-functional stakeholders across the entire product lifecycle, and own the prioritization and delivery of the core identity capabilities used by Rivian and our partners. You’ll work with cross-functional teams to implement identity-related capabilities, such as role-based access control, single sign-on, API tokens, and more across mobile apps, websites and vehicles. You’ll deliver solutions that support the direct needs of our external customers, as well as internal product managers. You’ll not only build an identity access system. You’ll own the Rivian Connected User Ecosystem!
What you get to do every day:
- Own the identity and access management capabilities of the Rivian ID platform, ensuring that we are making the best prioritization and implementation decisions to support our customers’ needs and our long-term business and growth strategy
- Work closely with our key customers to understand their requirements, identifying the best approaches to meet their needs and enable them to build deep integrations with Identity Management.
- Translate business strategy into requirements and work closely with the Identity Management engineering teams to bring them to life.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand the business needs around identity and make informed tradeoffs to best support business objectives
- Define the measures of success based on data and how they achieve strategic goals
- Identify industry partners and manage integrations with key complementary solutions
- Effectively communicate user needs and outcomes to your internal teams and collaboratively build solutions for experimentation, validation, and release
- Collaborate with colleagues in marketing, sales and engineering to communicate near-term and long-term strategies and coordinate cross-functional activities
This Is what you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience in digital product management across SaaS, mobility or consumer technology verticals. Experience in Automotive is a plus.
- Proven history of converting learnings from complex data sets into useful product features that customers love
- Significant experience delivering enterprise-grade digital products, including Identity Management systems. Working knowledge of access management concepts, such as RBAC, ABAC, Asset Grouping, and Segmentation. Experience in Automotive industry is a plus.
- Experience working closely with the UX/UI design team to realize beautiful, cutting edge designs
- Comfort building platforms that integrate across multiple 3rd party providers and ecosystems
- History of working through ambiguity and devising clean sheet solutions in markets that go from 0 to 1
- Ability to articulate a product vision and rally resources to build it
- Be highly capable at working with development teams through periods of rapid growth and scale
- Track record of succeeding in matrixed organizations and collaborating with stakeholders from multiple domains to execute aggressive timelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Background in a technical field, finance, consulting and/or hyper-growth companies a plus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.