Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Design, extend and review software architecture
- Be hands on and involved with every stage of the product development life cycle.
- Build high quality, testable, and scalable backend systems including REST APIs, batch jobs, and system integration
- Proactively collaborate and partner with internal stakeholders to deliver business impacting projects
- Execute on platform infrastructure and application roadmap deliverables to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Articulate key engineering issues and initiatives, draft action plans
- Effectively communicate with peers and management
- Collaborate with and lead junior engineers to design and implement key technical projects
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience, with 2+ years of building enterprise grade systems.
- Experience building distributed systems.
- Software development experience in Python, Java or C/C++
- Comfortable navigating trade-offs to bring the right data structure and algorithms to the problem.
- Dedicated to unit, integration testing, and coverage.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Experience developing API's with the care that they deserve - REST with OpenApi/Swagger.
- Experience and familiarity with cloud native architecture, development, and deployment practices.
- Experience building e-commerce and/or payments systems a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.