Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Own the contractual process with suppliers by negotiating NDA’s, General Terms & Conditions and Statements of Work
- Develop sourcing strategies by analyzing the supply base, market conditions, and future technologies
- Identify potential suppliers, analyze capabilities, and develop commodity strategies and roadmaps for Rivian Stakeholders
- Perform detailed analysis of quotations based on cost breakdowns from supplier submissions
- Drive and implement continuous cost improvements through negotiations to achieve operational cost targets
- Establish strong supplier relationships and manage performance through the creation of key performance metrics
- Manage departmental budgets in collaboration with Rivian Finance team to ensure contracts are on target
- Analyze current spend data in Indirect spend commodities and find opportunities for cost reductions and supplier consolidation
- Work closely alongside Stakeholders to meet their technical requirements, execute against set milestones and track sourcing progress
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering
- 5+ years of purchasing. procurement, or commodity management experience
- 3+ years negotiating either Direct or Indirect commodities
- 3+ years’ experience with procurement software, preferably Coupa
- 5+ years MS Office
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- High level of integrity
- Analytical skills to ensure both internal and external requests are fulfilled
- Attention to detail to ensure that the sourcing criteria meets the Stakeholder’s requirements
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.