Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Lead Product Development team for validation of driveline components though testing and validation.
- Develop, maintain, and track validation testing (DVPR) for powertrain system
- Developing requirements and validation methods for calculations and algorithms
- The position is responsible to deliver validation procedures that include test equipment, apparatus, and location as well as implementing and executing the validation procedure and documenting the validation results
- The position is responsible for documenting requirements and issues using an implemented tracking/management system for both requirements and issues
- Complete root cause analysis using Rivian methods to document and correct any issues found in testing. This may include performing calculations and analysis on components for life and stress.
- Work with test operations group to schedule and perform testing to meet program objectives
- Coordination with our groups for vehicle testing and verifications.
- Responsible for leading and approving professional level testing reports on results
- Responsible for tracking and reporting development status and risk to management
- Management and mentoring of direct reports
- BS in Engineering with a minimum 8+ years of relevant experience required
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience developing and validating axle, driveline or powertrain systems. Preferred experience in validation of electric or hybrid powertrains.
- 2+ years’ experience managing and leading teams through validation and development of drivelines, eAxles or similar applications.
- Application and experience in root cause analysis and the methods/tools to solve problems
- Understanding and experience in the application and failure analysis of: Gears, bearings, shafts, electric motors, and other driveline components.
- Full understanding of system level powertrain DV and PV testing and the test methodology for developing a validation plan to meet reliability and confidence values.
- Experience with vendors providing full service testing and/or dynamometer and dynamometer-related equipment
- Fundamental understanding of electric powertrains
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.