Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Sr Manager, Executive Protection will be responsible to build out and manage the Rivian EP Program and provide direction regarding EP Security strategy, and risk management initiatives. The role is key in establishing a proactive, consultative, and service orientated culture for Security at Rivian.
- Establish and manage the Rivian EP Program designed to identify and quantify risks, recommend mitigation strategies, and execute against approved plans.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners, contractors and vendors, on crisis response and management, emergency coordination, and business information and intelligence.
- Plan and coordinate personal security and TSCM requirements for internal and external events.
- Conduct routine quality assurance checks on EP Vendors.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures related to the EP Program and provide documentation to regulators and auditors as requested.
- Review, recommend, and procure equipment and technology deemed necessary to enhance the personal security of individuals.
- Prepare executive communications, briefings, training sessions and reports.
- Support development and delivery of security awareness activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- At least ten years multi-national security or related experience, including at least five years in a protective services, leadership role.
- Proven ability to apply sound judgment and use discretion when dealing with sensitive information. Integrity and professionalism.
- Experience handling and interfacing with high profile and public figures.
- A positive attitude and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated analytic and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Office 365).
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as operational needs dictate and be able to travel international.
- A service-oriented personality, self-motivated, confident, energetic, and flexible.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.