Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Drive material flow strategies from part-supplier to lineside delivery.
- Conceptual value-stream, logistics, routing, and warehouse design.
- Develop models to analyze the cost, throughput, and space factors for part sequencing, material batching, intermediate storage locations, and other material flow strategies.
- Partner with production control, factory design, manufacturing engineering, and MES teams for development of solutions.
- Provide metric based project updates to management team at milestones and as needed throughout a program.
- Be responsible for and ensure safety, quality, cost, timing & throughput targets are being achieved on all projects.
- Be part of a world-class engineering team, with a focus on high quality work and rapid project deployment.
- Actively look for ways to add value beyond specifically assigned scope of work.
- Challenge assumptions that are not backed up by a thorough engineering evaluation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar technical field.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering role.
- Experience with data-based development of high-level material flow strategies for high volume, high complexity production or logistics facilities.
- End-to-end supply chain, logistics, and/or material flow design experience.
- Experience using 2D (AutoCAD) and 3D (CATIA/3DExperience) design platforms.
- Modelling or simulation capabilities. Workflow capability using VBA, Python, or simulation programs (Flexsim, AnyLogic etc..) is a plus.
- Familiarity with Manufacturing Execution, Material Requirements Planning, Warehouse Management, or Yard Management (MES, MRP, WMS, YMS) systems are a plus.
- Travel 25%-50%
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.