Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Internship Term: Fall 2021
Rivian internships are experiences optimized for student candidates. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship term. If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full time positions at Rivian.com/careers
Note that if your university has specific requirements for internship programs, it is your responsibility to fulfill those requirements.
The Product Development team is looking for a talented Hardware Design Engineering Intern to support the Electrical Design group.
- Contribute to hardware design and support development of the vehicle electrical system by creating complete electronic modules from the ground up to Rivian Standards.
- Hands-on design and validation of prototype hardware and maturing the design by characterizing and debugging test vehicles to optimize your design.
- Support evaluating system failure modes, create integration and validation plans and support the execution of these test plans.
- Collaborate with software and integration engineers to ensure hardware and software integration requirements are well understood and implemented correctly at all levels of the stack, on the bench, and in the system.
- Some hardware design experience in analog, digital or mixed signal and interfaces
- Some experience with schematic design tools, PCB layout, simulation tools (Spice, Matlabs, etc.)
- Strong creative thinking and problem-solving toolbox
- Ability to dive deep into electrical first principles and work in fast paced and challenging environments.
- BS/Ms in Electrical, or electronics, Robotics, electrical and computer engineering
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.