Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a Principal Compensation Business Partner, you will be client-facing and bring a consultative mindset to work with a diverse set of functions across the company to support their unique needs. You will advise on complex compensation matters across the entire employee lifecycle with in-depth analytics to ensure we are providing competitive and equitable compensation, consistent with our compensation philosophy.
- Build a consultative and collaborative relationship with HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, and business leaders to provide comprehensive support and counsel on all compensation related activities, such as strategic new hire offers, promotions, international transfers, budget allocation, top talent, and retention.
- Provide regular updates on market insights, industry trends, and best practices, and proactively research and analyze data (market, turnover, offer acceptance rates, etc.) to determine the competitive position of roles within client groups and present findings and thoughtful recommendations to ensure both internal equity and external competitiveness are maintained.
- Drive consistency in compensation planning, program administration, program automation, and analytics/reporting for supported areas of the business.
- Serve as a change champion and participate in the development and enhancement of communication and training materials.
- Lead, coach, and mentor more junior team members
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field and 10+ years of progressive compensation experience.
- Fluent understanding of [sales and marketing] or [manufacturing and operations] functions, and specific experience providing compensation support in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Experience creating and supporting global compensation programs and client groups
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a solutions-oriented mindset
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with the ability to synthesize data and effectively communicate insights to varying audiences, including senior executive leadership
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional partners
- Demonstrates strong initiative, is self-managed, and can prioritize and multi-task
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.