Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The SW Test Engineer that fills this role will report to the Perception team to productize algorithms in the Perception stack. These algorithms include detection, classification, tracking, localization, sensor fusion, etc. The primary responsibility for this engineer is to certify that code is verified and ready to be deployed in safety-critical applications on a real-time embedded system. The ideal candidate would also have some basic understanding of physics, engineering, and/or 3D geometry to understand the algorithms being productized. Knowledge of automated QA and verification pipelines is a plus. Excellent communication and the ability to work cross-functionally with other teams inside and outside of Self-Driving is critical.
- Facilitate the deployment of perception algorithm software to safety-critical real-time platforms for Rivian Automotive’s Self-Driving products
- Write unit tests, perform code coverage analyses, meet coverage requirements, perform static code analyses, resolve errors, implement diagnostics, and maintain traceability
- Provide support to QA team in creating automated test pipelines
- Provide support to SIL/HIL for verification of Perception algorithms
- Assist in code reviews, root-cause analyses, and bug resolution
- Implement test software in local, embedded, and/or cloud environments
- Understand requirements and architecture in order to drive quality assurance, maintain traceability, and deploy software to the vehicle
- Work closely with other development and cross-functional team members in Perception, QA, SIL/HIL, Test and Validation, Embedded SW, Systems, Controls, and HW
- B.S. or M.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 0 – 2 years of experience in industry
- Strong C/C++ programming skills
- Scripting languages (for example PERL, Python)
- Familiarity with GoogleTest, Parasoft, or similar Software Testing platform
- Familiarity with MISRA C/C++ standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Good team player with great communication skills
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from R&D phase to a product
- SIL/HIL testing
- Real Time Operating Systems (for example QNX)
- Embedded software development and optimization
- Software development for systems with live sensor inputs
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.