Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Drive equipment strategies for optimal material flow within Rivian facilities.
- Work cross-functionally with area manufacturing engineers to ensure equipment is compatible with upstream and downstream processes and equipment.
- Development of large scale, factory-wide, equipment strategies in partnership with production control, factory design, and MES teams.
- Implement material flow equipment such as conveyors, EMS systems, AGVs, and ASRS systems from concept to launch.
- Create specialized part packaging for processes with high complexity or automation needs.
- Provide metric based project updates to management team at milestones and as needed throughout a program.
- Ensure safety, quality, cost, timing, and throughput targets are being achieved on all projects.
- Be part of a world-class engineering team, with a focus on high quality work and rapid project deployment.
- Actively look for ways to add value beyond specifically assigned scope of work.
- Challenge assumptions that are not backed up by a thorough engineering evaluation.
- Additional factory material flow projects as directed by manufacturing engineering leadership.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar technical field.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering role.
- Data-based development of high-level material flow strategies for high volume or high complexity facilities.
- Successful implementation of material flow related equipment such as conveyors, AGVs/AMRs, docking systems, part packaging, or ASRS.
- Experience using 2D (AutoCAD) and 3D (CATIA/3DExperience) design platforms.
- Ability to generate scopes of work, select, and manage domestic or international equipment vendors.
- Capability of driving cross-functional alignment on issue resolution and ability to solve ambiguous problems with partial or missing data.
- Material flow simulation (Technomatix, Factory Flow) or throughput simulation (FlexSIM, Simul8) is a plus.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Location: Palo Alto, Normal
Travel as required to other Rivian engineering and production centers as well as project related partner sites.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.