Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a Vehicle Detailer, you will be responsible for cleaning vehicles according to Rivian’s high standards. This role will require high levels of energy, initiative, independent judgement and cross-functional team collaboration. Must be able to complete tasks in a compressed timeline. Day to Day responsibilities include but are not limited to…
- Follow and promote Rivian's high standards of safety, cleanliness, and organization in all work areas
- Perform Pre-Delivery and post service detail inspections ensuring optimal quality control
- Clean vehicle interiors and exteriors in compliance with standard operating procedures and through use of various chemicals and products
- Ability to use special purpose cleaners or clay bars to remove foreign materials which do not respond to normal cleaning procedures, utilizing experience and following product manufacturer recommendations
- Apply compounds, polishes, waxes, and sealants to auto body and wipe or buff surfaces by hand or machine
- Ability to Color/Wet sand exterior surfaces and perform surface paint corrections as needed
- Ability to perform paint touch-up service on exterior body surfaces
- Track services performed, charge levels and overall condition of the vehicle
- Maintain inventory and re-ordering of materials and supplies
- Move and park vehicles, as well as deliver vehicles to correct locations
- Use proper personal protective equipment when using products in accordance to safety data sheets and company standards
- Operate all buffers, polishers, pressure washers, vacuums, and other equipment in an efficient and safe manner
- Ability to train colleagues and cross-functional team members in detail and car wash processes and procedures
- Work in and maintain a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams
- Ability to perform above mentioned tasks in a mobile environment, away from service center
- Other duties assigned by management
- Prior detail or car wash experience preferred
- Must be 18 years or older and be authorized to work in the U.S
- Valid in-state driver's license and clean driving record
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to communicate, read, and comprehend the English language for all job-related instructions and information
- Willingness to learn and perform a wide range of allocated tasks
- Excellent manual dexterity skills as well as patience to deal with high stress and high-volume situations
- Attention to detail with excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Must be able stand or walk for extended hours
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 25 pounds
- Driven and self-motivated individual, with ability to work with little or no supervision
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and possible holidays
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.