Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Utilizing Rivian processes based on industry standards from VDA and AIAG, the Supplier Quality Engineer – Infotainment will be responsible for managing the quality performance of our infotainment supply base, such as but not limited to Displays, Switches, Antennas, Wireless chargers.
- Carry out supplier assessment and validation audits. Review supplier manufacturing processes, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities (VA/VE), promote the use of Rivian preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), Measurement System Analysis, and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Drive supplier advanced product quality planning (APQP) to meet quality and timing expectations for production part approval (PPAP). Manage and coordinate supplier Parts Per Million (PPM), supplier problem solving on time, cost recovery and supplier warranty indicators
- Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements
- Perform on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis and verification of correction actions of supplier quality or capacity issues
- Provide concise, complete and accurate documentation of inspection results relative to area of responsibility. Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to support the Quality organization to monitor and report on supplier product quality and performance
- Facilitate the escalation of unresolved supplier quality issues within assigned projects and suppliers
- Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or other related field
- 7+ years supplier quality engineering experience
- Strong Knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- 5+ years MS Office
- Experience/certification in VDA 6.3 audit,
- Technical expertise of automotive components designs and manufacturing, including knowledge of safety and test requirements and appearance approval process
- Knowledge of Geometric Design and Tolerancing (GD&T) and datum structures
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge
- In depth knowledge of IATF16949:2016 and understanding of ISO14001
- Metrology, Inspection Methods and Equipment
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings and manufacturing processes
- Masters Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or other related fields
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Planning and prioritizing activities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (Team Working) as well as negotiation skills. Ability to analyze and present data effectively
- Understanding of cost and financial impacts
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.