Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Work closely with Rivian’s cross functional teams to ensure the vehicle design supports Rivian’s PedPro safety targets
- Support all PedPro CAE modeling activities
- Develop and apply advanced analysis techniques to optimize pedestrian safety CAE activities
- Support PedPro physical testing
- Ensure that the PedPro CAE models are always correlated to the highest level
- Support Rivian’s Studio Engineering team to ensure that design decisions are supporting compliance with Rivian’s internal and global PedPro targets
- Produce concise summaries and report-outs to communicate analytical results and counter measures to all cross functional teams effectively
- BS in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with vehicle crash safety analysis
- A strong understanding of CAE modelling & analysis techniques
- Excellent applied experience in ANSA, HYPERWORKS, PRIMER and LS-DYNA. Additional experience in Madymo, Python is beneficial.
- Good understanding of the global regulatory and consumer metric PedPro requirements
- A proven track record of CAE model correlation, include structure management and material model development
- Good problem-solving skills to offer innovative and feasible solutions in a timely manner to any design challenges
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.