Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
The ServiceNow CMDB Manager is primarily responsible for supporting the configuration database management (CMDB) processes. He/She will run the governance of CMDB, as well as run daily configuration management endeavors including the identification, analysis and control of hardware/software configuration changes, and the orchestration of CI data integrity and relationships. The individual will also manage the life cycle of business applications and CIs within the ServiceNow platform. Ultimately, this role will contribute to the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) maturity process.
- Design and implementation of solution for maintaining CI data integrity across the CI lifecycle with due consideration to the ITSM process like Incident, Problem and Change.
- Build solutions around data certifications for maintaining CI data integrity
- Oversees the day-to-day maintenance and updating of the CMDB.
- Validates, reports and audits information within the configuration management database.
- Track and report on key metrics to assess CMDB health
- Partners with Service Delivery and Application Support teams to drive smooth governance around Configuration Items.
- Engages on ITSM projects and any related initiatives with little-to-sno supervision.
- Assists as a subject matter expert for process integration, including Event Management, NOC, SOC modules.
- Builds/Develops/Drives the CMDB policies and processes along with its strategy and vision.
- Defines and establishes controls for CMDB, design and publishes scorecards.
- Managing CMDB health to support Assets and Configuration and CI relationships, as coming from discovered sources, manual sources from like relationship data from network team.
- Reconcile solution of the CMDB data when exceptions are noted between CMDB, discovery information, and other authoritative production data repositories.
- Troubleshoots/ defines a business issue and designs a resolution based on deep product knowledge.
- Works with process owners to understand the process requirements related to the capture of configuration data and develops technical specifications and solutions
- Works closely with various stakeholders to provide guidance in the management of CI's and the relationships between them
- Collaborates with Infrastructure Architects to understand IT technology strategy that guide which requirements need to be gathered
- Works with Application SMEs and stakeholders to perform gap analysis and provide solution.
- Participates in Configuration Management meetings and Story Time where appropriate
- Regularly reviews and improves the data being populated into the CMDB and act as owner of the CMDB
- Ensures data certification on Business applications, Cis and IT assets. Owns the Application Portfolio Management process and runs the application data certification.
- Collaborates across key areas to ensure the CI data is accurate, consistent and complete.
- Educates the key stakeholders on the CMDB process on how to use it and update it.
This is what you’ll need:
- 5 years of experience with Configuration Management (CMDB) in ServiceNow.
- Experience defining processes and governance around CMDB required
- Minimum of 5+ years working on a team as part of a large IT organization
- Have strong functional knowledge and technical skills.
- Experience integrating with tools to federate data into the CMDB
- Experience in identifying and tracking CIs, implementing change control and accounting for discovered/manual CIs in a complex IT system. Minimum of 3+year experience with ServiceNow Discovery
- Expert in IT Asset Management Lifecycle processes (including hardware and software)
- Good interpersonal skills, including collaboration, communication, relationship building, and negotiation
- Intermediate Windows and Unix administration skills
- Expert in IT Asset Management process & operational delivery
- Experience in creating, updating and maintaining CMDBs, Asset Management Databases and other asset/configuration management repositories in a complex IT environment
- deep CMDB and related ServiceNow product and process knowledge.
- Experience and understanding of IP Networking, Devices, Network Design Methodology and configuration.
- Familiarity with network concepts (routers, switches, firewalls, NAT, load balancing) and storage.
- Familiarity with the following concepts: XML, JSON/script language, database.
- ServiceNow Certified System Administration
- ITIL 2011 Foundation Certified
- Functional architecture experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Information Technology
Location: Irvine, CA or Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.