Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Disclaimer: Applying to this requisition will place you into consideration for an internship on our Manufacturing Engineering team. Exact Team Allocation will be discussed during the hiring process.
Internship Term: Fall 2021
Rivian internships are experiences optimized for student candidates. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship term. If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full time positions at Rivian.com/careers
Note that if your university has specific requirements for internship programs, it is your responsibility to fulfill those requirements.
- Redefine what automation solutions in the manufacturing industries can be while automating the process of designing, developing, and deploying new production lines.
- Create tools for auto-generating HMI (Human Machine Interface) and SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition) applications using Ignition:
- Data types
- Create Java modules and Python libraries that allow for expansion of Ignition development:
- Utilize Ignition’s SDK
- Unit testing
- Static Analysis
- Use IoT practices and protocols such as MQTT to enable the mass collection and analysis of data from manufacturing lines to drive optimization and predict failures.
- Design and develop in-house UI components to use as a user-interface for controlling and troubleshooting automation equipment
- Use modern software tools and practices to ensure high performance, low latency, and ease of deployment.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Equivalent:
- Will also accept applicants with relevant work experience developing software while majoring in a BS/MS in engineering disciplines relevant to automation (Electrical, Mechatronics, etc.)
- Experience programming with Python, Java, HTML5, CSS, and similar
- Experience working with SQL databases such as MSSQL
- Experience working with continuous integration & continuous deployment (CICD) pipeline
- tools such as GitLab and Jenkins
- Experience working on applications for the manufacturing industry
- Experience working with dockerized containers and clustering using systems such as Kubernetes is a plus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.