Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this role, you’ll develop the software that controls automated test equipment (ATE) for low-voltage electrical hardware. This will be ranging from level 3+ ADAS and infotainment to the latest battery management and vehicle control systems. You’ll be building custom software using Rivian’s frameworks and integrating with hardware for test and validation. You’ll also be supporting the deployment of systems within Rivian and to external manufacturing sites.
- Design modular and reusable software, drivers, scripts, and analysis tools
- Design and develop hardware abstraction layers (HAL) for instrumentation
- Develop test automation scripts to support testing of low-voltage electrical hardware from validation to end-of-line
- Manage software through source code control and standard software engineering best practices
- Help root-cause software, mechanical, and electrical bugs in the lab and at remote sites
- Work with cross-functional software and hardware teams to define requirements and standards for testing (design validation and manufacturing)
- Periodically travel to contract manufacturing sites to support bring up and troubleshooting of automated test equipment
- BS/MS or equivalent work experience in Electrical Test Automation or related fields
- 5+ years of relevant working experience using Python and LabVIEW for hardware test automation and control
- Experience with object-oriented programming and frameworks
- Experience working in the automotive, semiconductor, or aerospace industries
- Familiarity with vehicle communication protocols (CAN, CANFD, DoIP, Automotive Ethernet, LIN, etc.)
- Experience controlling instrumentation over multiple buses and protocols (USB, VISA, GPIB, Ethernet, Serial, RS-485, etc)
- Experience supporting deployment automated test equipment in manufacturing environments
- Hands-on hardware integration experience with automated test equipment
- Familiarity with the software engineering life cycle and best practices (source code control, unit testing, continuous integration, deployment, etc.)
- Ability to understand technical documentation such as data sheets and wiring diagrams
Nice To Have
- Experience with cloud database integration for data logging and data analysis
- Experience with automotive diagnostic protocols such as UDS and XCP
- Familiarity with NI TestStand
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.