Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- You’ll take the adventure of a lifetime. Rivian is pushing the boundaries of what can be done in a vehicle; you’ll help us do that. You’ll work with a team of top-notch engineers and scientists to build in-vehicle tools tracking vehicle performance and reliability metrics. You’ll create a framework for monitoring and assessing vehicle health that has never been done.
- Build ground-up models to predict vehicle wear and need for service based on vehicle diagnostic signals
- Work closely with engineers to scale physics-based models from a vehicle prototype to entire Rivian fleet
- Develop models describing vehicle and drive unit performance based on manufacturing assembly data
- Create performance-based metrics and acceptability thresholds at the edge
- Work with available in-vehicle signals to provide early detection of unique wear mechanisms
- Master's in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience working with hardware systems, automotive preferred
- Excellent Python and/or R programming skills
- Passion for building an amazing product
- Interest in working on a unique team with diverse technical backgrounds to create a ground-breaking vehicle application
- Strong experience with weakly supervised and unsupervised learning methodologies
- Database Integration, Management and Mining
- Able to integrate or build MES or other reporting systems for BOM’s, Demand Planning, Inventory Control, and Production
- Modeling Skills for Production specific task such as Workflow and Root Cause analysis
- Strong ability to work and communicate with many different teams of stakeholders
- Ability to own all project data science needs, while collaborating with firmware and mechanical engineers working alongside you; ability to thrive in a close-knit cross-functional environment.
- Experience with EV systems preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to explain complex concepts to non-data science teammates
- Ability to travel domestically periodically
Salary Range for Colorado Based Applicants: $155,100 - $178,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.