Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Manage provisioning, configuration, deployment, and monitoring of a variety of servers, services and logs in a cloud/on-prem hybrid environment.
- Write automation scripts for infrastructure deployments. You’re more at home using CLIs versus GUIs when doing your work.
- Leverage your in-depth knowledge of containers and serverless deployments maintenance and administration
- Model and provision AWS and third-party application resources for our Product Cybersecurity cloud environment in a secure and repeatable manner leveraging your expertise in either Terraform or CloudFormation
- Build and improve our log processing capabilities
- Build and improve our monitoring capabilities (applications, services, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field, Master’s preferred
- Minimum 5 years working in DevOpsas a hands-on infrastructure engineer
- Strong infrastructure and operating systems knowledge
- Understanding of networking, including DNS, firewalls, load balances, subnets, etc.
- Experience in a wide variety of AWS products including: Lambda, API Gateway, Fargate, RDS, ACM, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch, and CloudHSM
- Server log processing using Splunk or ELK, Application Monitoring using New Relic, AppDynamics, etc.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and associated tools (Jira)
- Experience with Containers and Kubernetes
- Proficient in a least one scripting language like Python or Go
- A passion for cars and developments in the auto industryis a plus
- Department: Cybersecurity
- Location: Palo Alto, California or Remote with Travel
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.