Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This role requires an experienced professional with high levels of energy and initiative, deep understanding of service processes, go-getter attitude, great leadership skills, and cross-team collaboration. To be successful in this role, you must have a customer-first approach, thrive in ambiguous and unexpected environments, tackling all challenges with a creative and flexible mindset.
- Provide the world's best of the best in customer service rivaling any industry
- Accountable for effectively managing a P&L, Work in Progress (WIP) and customer experience measured by a Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Lead and manage all local operations on the ground with a servant-leadership, hands-on mindset
- Ensure that programs and processes are developed, assessed, communicated, and administered in compliance with Rivian's objectives
- Manage and be accountable for high value inventory reconciliation
- Collaborate with Service Operations, Sales, Retail, and Delivery & Field Operations teams
- Work in partnership with cross functional teams regularly on implementing and continuously improving field service operations
- Prioritize, plan, and coordinate logistics and meetings with internal teams and external parties
- Build a strong customer-centric team of Mobile/Service Technicians, Service Advisors, and Parts Advisors
- Lead and take ownership of management responsibility relating to hiring, performance management, and overall employee development planning
- Build a Rivian culture that is inclusive, and maintain high levels of team morale
- Responsible for ensuring the establishment of safe service business practices and processes
- Follow and promote Rivian's high standards of safety, cleanliness, and organization
- Develop and maintain a process to track and report on KPI's at the Service Centers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to have a direct impact on scalability in a complex organization
- Effectively manage remote service teams and a driver of people performance
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills with a focus in operational excellence
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated high-level administrative experience, including advanced computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, discretion, judgment, diplomacy, and tact
- Proven ability to effectively handle and adapt to multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of automotive equipment and servicing methods
- Must possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Automotive Technical skills preferred
- Able and flexible to travel as needed
- Automotive repair knowledge preferred
- Experience working in start-up environments preferred
- Experience in leading automotive or high-tech team-orientated, fast-paced work environment
- Understanding of problem-solving methods such as SWOT Analysis, Lean implementations, Six Sigma operational and Visual Management standards preferred
- Fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (proof required)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.