Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Hold an understanding of li-ion battery electrochemical behavior,
- Possess firmware & Model-Based-Design development skills.
- Have experience with electrical and software testing, along with automated data analysis
- Possess an understanding of control-system concepts with safety best-practices in mind.
- You will utilize your knowledge of model-based design programming- as well as C programming- to create new software components for the latest automotive BMS applications.
- The successful candidate must be proactive, driven by detail, and an individual who can work both independently, and alongside with other programmers, validation engineers, and battery scientists on a variety of exciting applications.
- Use best-practices, experience, and talents to create battery models for production ECU:
- Assess input & output constraints to best develop models which become executable code
- Devise creative methods to predict State of Charge (SOC), State of Health (SOH), Power Prediction (SOP), Temperature Estimation & Heat Generation
- Utilize a variety of debug tools to aid and speed your development; writing scripts, GUI’s, & executables
- Work with systems engineers to apply ISO-26262 functional safety standards in your work
- Design other important software components of the BMS, involving diagnostics, fault detection, and more
- Coordinate & work with engineers across multiple disciplines to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks:
- Collaborate with software engineers to integrate application-layer software into RTOS
- Collaborate with validation engineers to test your models & firmware functionality
- Validate your designs on real battery cells, packs, and vehicleso Share progress & participate in code reviews with algorithm & control systems designers
- Work with project management to evolve features and functions to future Rivian platforms
- Grow and mature as the development and production process evolves:
- Transition between C-programming and Model Based Design (Matlab/Simulink)
- Understand corner-cases, importance of unit-testing, and battery performance limitations
- Apply lessons learned to future designs and firmware implementations
- Contribute to data analysis efforts
- Show willingness to take on dynamic projects; from cell testing, to off-line physics modeling, over-the-air (OTA) data transfer methods, all the way to machine learning
- Internship or research experience in the battery and/or automotive industries
- At least a bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline
- Experience with Model Based Design; familiarity with embedded software development & C programming a plus
- Experience with model-based design; creating control systems & models with Matlab/Simulink
- Excellent problem-solving skills; reliant on core engineering principals & common sense
- Strong communication, multitasking, & inter-personal skills, both in presentation & technical writing
- Versed with working toward project requirements
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.