Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As the Adventure Advocates Community and Communications Manager, you’ll be empowering the broader Rivian community to take a stand on the issues that matter most to them, and encouraging meaningful and transformational change in our democratic republic. You will invite, connect and support Rivian fans who can interact with one another and Rivian to support and promote policy initiatives meaningful to those fans, while supporting our mission to Keep the World Adventurous Forever.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop a community engagement strategy that empowers Rivian customers and fans to come together around advocacy opportunities to promote transportation electrification, sustainable energy and protection of the world’s wild places, both on and offline
- Follow policy news and movements to identify the issues that matter to our community, and translate them into opportunities for community and policymaker engagement
- Develop a Policy Advocacy playbook that will provide Rivian employees with the tools necessary to deliver our brand values throughout all Rivian Adventure Advocacy related initiatives
- Collaborate with Retail, Brand, Owner Engagement, and Comms teams to bring advocacy to life by way of outreach events and physical experiences
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop the tools and referral resources that will allow the Rivian’s Adventure Advocates community to grow organically
- Drive Rivian’s digital and social Adventure Advocates engagement strategy
- Collaborate with leading non-profit organizations to harness the power of this community to support state or national policy initiatives
- Keep a pulse on the Rivian Adventure Advocates community, reporting interactions and feedback back to stakeholders within the Company
- Develop special relationships with thought leaders within the community, and create initiatives to bring those thought leaders together for unique experiences and a direct line of communication with Rivian
- Identify, quantify, and document metrics of success—and leverage what you’ve discovered to improve our program
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 5 to 8 years of experience in in public policy, marketing, community engagement, or similar disciplines
- A passion for bringing people together around common values and shared passions—ideally through political campaign experience
- A proven track-record of accomplishment in grassroots advocacy and experience in campaigns and public policy
- Ability to translate complex policy issues into meaningful calls to action
- Ability to develop a global community strategy and execute locally
- Demonstrated understanding of what drives successful communities and the underlying psychology of their members
- Empathy, patience, and natural respect for all people, irrespective of background, beliefs, or culture
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and proven track record of stakeholder engagement
- Familiarity with and ability to work on various social media forums
- The ability to work independently while still ensuring collaboration within a larger team
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in public policy or a related field
- A willingness to travel (50% or more)
THIS IS WHAT AT WOULD MAKE YOU STAND OUT:
- Multiple examples of success in harnessing grassroots momentum to achieve policy victories.
- Direct experience in the clean transportation, electric vehicle, and wilderness preservation spaces.
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Location: Washington, D.C. area
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.