Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this position you will work as a local leader who knows how to influence and shape culture of operations. You are comfortable working with a wide variety of stakeholders, influencing incredible teams as a conduit of support and fostering inter-department communications for sustainability, safety, and environmental matters. In addition, the position supports and drives continuous improvement while working with team members to identify solutions to Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) challenges.
The ideal candidate is safety conscious with exceptional problem solving and analytical skills and can understand complex regulations and communicate them effectively to a variety of groups with diverse interests and backgrounds. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills would benefit this position greatly as this person will have to influence others and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure compliance with applicable workplace safety regulations.
- Understands and influences human behaviors to reduce workplace risks.
- Engage and guide others to assess risk, identify hazards, and implement appropriate controls.
- Identifying and minimize Environmental, Health, and Safety risks and communicate critical tasks, as required, to essential business units.
- Develop and implement health and safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date on new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Authority (HSA) legislation and any developments affecting the Industry.
- Inspect workplaces to evaluate to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
- Ability to manage environmental permits.
- Identify risk and issue corrective actions, as needed.
- Support personnel in selection of appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Communicate with multiple groups and teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Support development and implementation of routine inspections
- Support in Job Hazard Assessments
- Other duties as assigned to support the Environmental, Health & Safety team.
- Working Hours: 1st shift, full time
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, Psychology or Marketing degree program.
- 5+ years EHS work experience with Research & Development, Laboratory, or Manufacturing operations.
- Proficient knowledge of safety and environmental regulations.
- Familiarity with data and root cause analysis techniques.
- Understanding of incident and injury prevention programs.
- Proficient with Excel, Microsoft Office products
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- OSHA 10/30-Hour General Industry certification is preferred.
- Physical qualifications: able to wall over various surfaces on stairs to support inspections / investigations.
- Travel Requirements of Position: Occasional travel up to 25% of the time (international & domestic).
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.