Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This role will be responsible for sourcing and purchasing battery cells and raw materials for use across different Rivian products, with responsibilities including:
- Lead RFI/ RFQ/ RFP and strategic sourcing process
- Develop sourcing strategies by analyzing the supply base, market conditions, and technology roadmaps
- Lead contractual negotiations with suppliers on NDA’s, General Terms & Conditions and Production Supply Agreements
- Identify potential suppliers, analyze capabilities and develop a sourcing strategy and roadmap for Rivian stakeholders
- Perform detailed analysis of quote submissions based on cost breakdown form data
- Drive and implement cost reductions on prototype and production vehicles through leveraged negotiations to achieve vehicle cost targets
- Manage supplier relationships and performance through key performance metrics
- Work closely alongside cell and manufacturing engineering to understand and support their requirements. Review Engineering, Design & Development (ED&D) costs with Engineering leads to ensure best-in-class cost is attained
- Work closely alongside Program Management to support prototype requirements, execute against build milestones and track sourcing progress
- Support Supplier Quality plant audits and technical reviews
- Develop should-cost models for various battery cells and materials
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Chemistry, or related engineering field
- Good technical knowledge of batteries, electrochemistry and battery materials
- 3+ years of supply chain procurement experience in lithium ion battery cells or raw materials
- Ability to understand Engineering and Design direction and provide focused supply-chain solutions accordingly
- 5+ MS office
- Masters Degree in Chemistry, Supply Chain, Engineering, or other related fields
- High level of integrity
- Desire to own one’s own role and contributions to the cross-functional team
- Ability to multitask while maintaining attention to details and deadlines
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Action-oriented and solution-driven and able to work in a fast pace environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical skills to ensure both internal and external requests are fulfilled
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.