Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Vehicle Applications mission is to ensure our products are always capable of keeping our customers out on their adventure.
We achieve our mission by developing the most advanced integrated diagnostic system in the world; capable of proactively monitoring, analyzing and learning from our fleets throughout their lifecycle.
In this role you will lead through your craft, by driving the integrations of the software systems that enable Rivians design, test and release process while working with diverse set of stakeholders. Using your knowledge of product design workflows and systems thinking you will architect and build sustainable and user facing applications for improving Rivian processes and products. A key aspect of this role will be driving collaboration using your passion for empowering others through automation and continuous improvement.
This is what you’ll do:
- Lead, integration efforts and willingness to get hands dirty in code
- Drive intelligent architecture decisions from plant HW and SW integrations
- Gain a unique insights into how EV’s work inside-out and strengthen your EV domain knowledge
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams for development and integrations
- Use automation as an opportunity to reduce roadblocks and achieve deliverables
- Work with awesome people, participate in team culture and build an adventurous future
- Ability to write solid code for integrating HW and SW for automation
This is what you’ll need:
- Minimum 50 % travel to factory for integration work in plant
- Experience in Python or Golang
- Experience with hardware communication protocols such as DoCAN, DoIP, FlexRay, LIN, SCPI
- Knowledge of diagnostic standards (UDS, ISO-14229 / ISO-15765, SAE J1979, J2534, FuSA ISO-26262, etc.)
- BA in Engineering (Software Engineering, Computer Science or another related degree)
- 5+ years of software engineering experience (level negotiable on experience)
- Systematic troubleshooting and root cause analysis experience
- Knowledge of Agile Development of Accessible Software Tools
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience in the full lifecycle
- Masters Degree in related field
- Familiarity with enterprise systems such as ERP, PLM, MES, etc.
- Understanding and experience with RESTful API design
- Unit testing and test-driven development experience
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Vehicle Applications
Location: Palo Alto, CA( Irvine, CA); Normal, IL; Vancouver, CAN
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.