Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Digital Commerce Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle (e.g. vehicle configurator, payment gateway, vehicle delivery management, service scheduling) across web, mobile app and in-store. To that end, we are developing a world-class commerce platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun. Our Core Services squad will build all the back-end services to enable the digital products that comprise the journey of the customer ranging from pre-order to post-order. We are looking for a Sr Product Manager, Order Management Services - B2C, who will focus on developing our and order management system, with an emphasis on Consumer use cases.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Research and understand all the Consumer uses for the order management system, including ecommerce sales, vehicle service orders, charging sessions, and vehicle sales
- Own the roadmap for the B2C platform capabilities of the Order Management Service in coordination with other product managers, program managers and business stakeholders
- Own the roadmap for the internal applications used by internal business users to manage orders
- Work closely with Engineering to prioritize holistic and scalable solutions
- Build deep relationships with engineers and work quickly to establish working relationships from senior leadership down to individual contributors
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 4+ years of strong product management experience developing core business software from the ground up
- Deep understanding of B2C order lifecycles, ecommerce a plus
- Experience building internal applications to support sales operations
- A background in working with development teams through periods of rapid growth and scale, understanding the big picture and the importance of investing in the core technical foundation
- Have depth and breadth of knowledge across multiple software engineering disciplines: restful services, data modeling, distributed design orchestration and API’s
- Experience working with teams who use following models: DevOps, service ownership and CI/CD
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Digital Commerce
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.