Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, Design, and Construction teams to ensure all projects have a Rivian schedule from project inception through production readiness. Communicate with all teams after project kick off to ensure that all stakeholder milestones are accurate and incorporated into schedule.
- Assist Construction Managers in project schedule development and maintenance, as needed. Review schedules within internal Rivian software to ensure accuracy; train end users as needed to ensure that schedules are properly set up.
- Assist project teams to ensure program changes or issues are adequately documented
- Work with Construction Manager and other stakeholders for specific scheduling needs and profile critical timelines to ensure project schedules show appropriate detail based upon job site requirements
- Develop contingency options with the team to accelerate schedule
- Evaluate project schedule progress / performance and identify developing risk areas
- Ensure coordination between all Rivian verticals involved in the project (Real Estate, Manufacturing Engineering, Facilities Design, etc.) and facilitate communication between groups as needed.
- Review external contractor schedules as needed to confirm accuracy and logic
- Responsible for alignment between detailed P6 project schedule and internal Rivian software data points
- Gather and analyze historical schedule data to determine typical schedule durations between key company milestones; understand root cause for atypical schedule durations
- A minimum of 10 years experience as a Project Scheduler or equivalent
- Knowledge of contract types including lump sum, GMP, hard bid, design build and negotiated
- Thorough knowledge of building systems, construction techniques, practices, and components
- Advanced computer skills with the ability to use MS Office with proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Extensive experience using Oracle P6 software required. Understanding of cost/resource functions a plus
- Ability to train others on P6 fundamentals
- You are highly analytical, versatile, extremely organized, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. You have a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to support and provide ‘customer service mentality’ for multiple internal stakeholders effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to communicate between internal Manufacturing Engineering, Design, Real Estate, Operations, and Construction teams, as well as external contractors. Able to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Capable of independent action with minimal direction; can self-organize and determine daily actions based on high level team goals and direction.
- Ability to work with construction contractors, vendors, and consultants the ‘Rivian way’, providing professional influence on the work exemplifying respect, leadership, commitment, vision and teamwork.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.