Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Customer Engagement is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful moments that our customers will love. We strive to understand and anticipate our customers' needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform our products, experiential design, communal space design, and the digital tools that we integrate throughout their interactions with our brand.
The Director of Customer Service Strategy & Planning will oversee the development and iteration of all non-vehicle Rivian Customer Support programs. This individual will lead a small team dedicated to designing a roadmap for global customer sales and support programs (and subsequent business requirements for platform development) that enable support and transaction through the call center. The team is tasked with delivering a best-in-class customer support experience to the Rivian community. This role is critical to building memorable and long-term relationships with our community and will partner regularly with the Senior Manager of Customer Engagement Center Operations that leads the call center and other leaders in the Commercial/Sales & Marketing organizations. This role will report to the Senior Director of Customer Engagement, sitting within the Sales and Marketing organization.
This Is What you’ll Do:
- Works collaboratively to establish the vision and strategic direction for Customer Support, tech platforms, special programs, workforce management, and process improvement; to deliver a meaningful engagement with the Rivian community and support an exceptional experience throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Demonstrate innovation, define, and deliver a new, global customer experience model within the auto/EV/Direct-to-Consumer space.
- Share in overseeing the implementation of all customer support and sales support programs and tools across the business, manage QA checks on those tools periodically to ensure they are operating as planned for customers and for our team.
- Oversee the end to end project management of all system/tool implementations impacting customer support and work with various departments to ensure business requirements are defined and delivered.
- Develop all standard operating procedures and strategies for customer support ensuring SOX and PCI compliance ensuring operational efficiency, while focusing on enhancing the customer experience through our people.
- Recommend strategies that directly impact overall results for cross-department functions (ie. Vehicle service, charging, and marketing) and systems impacting customer experience.
- Define, deliver, and monitor service excellence strategy for each stage of the customer’s journey including, but not limited to brand discovery, test drive, preorder sales, finance, insurance, delivery, warranty, roadside, and emergency response (non-vehicle service).
- Develop and execute user acceptance testing strategy for all system/application upgrades, bug fixes, and implementations that impact Customer Service or sales support.
- Develop Quality Assurance of all customer service processes, to be executed by the Operations team.
- Plan for the future use of all Rivian owned and operated customer support tools.
- Collaborate with Rivian’s Learning and Development team (L&D) to develop training/learning and development plans for customer support, retail product specialists, test drive specialists, delivery specialists, and event volunteers. Maintaining consistency across our people requires controlled and thoughtful training on the front end.
This Is What You’ll Need:
- 15+ years of experience providing and or designing engaging customer experiences/service.
- Experience managing teams and driving performance through clear KPIs.
- Demonstrate superior knowledge and understanding of program management with the ability to identify and impact strategies, productivity, and efficiencies relative to key initiatives.
- A proven background in operations, playbook design, training, and QA a plus.
- Understanding of learning and development best practices.
- Love for people and commitment to taking every opportunity to overdeliver when it comes to delighting and interacting with our community through customer service channels.
- Excellent grammar/proofreading skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, work in a fast-paced environment, and adapt to changing timelines. Ability to prioritize, interact with executive and high touch customers/Rivian business partners.
- Great judgement.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.