Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Staff Data Software Engineer, Connectivity Health
United States, California, Palo Alto
We are seeking strong Staff Data Software Engineers to solve complex data problems using data mining and analysis. You will be responsible for architecting and building out infrastructure for data ingestion from various carriers and devices.
This is what you’ll do:
· Design and develop secure, scalable, high-performance and reliable data platform for vehicle connectivity health.
· Use Data & Analytics to help improve connectivity health and to provide insights and predict anomalies using time series data.
· Design, extend and review software architecture – be hands on and involved with every stage of the product development life cycle
· Build high quality, testable, and scalable backend systems including REST APIs, batch jobs, and system integrations.
· Work with external carrier stakeholders and internal vehicle data team to ingest connectivity data to help build connectivity insights and analysis.
· Develop state of the art code – influence/establish the software development culture of the team. Establish standards and best practice for software engineering.
This is what you’ll need:
· Ability to understand complex business problems and provide software solutions.
· 8+ years of software experience with 3+ years of experience in building large scale data platforms.
· Proven track record of anomaly prediction using time series data and deploying models to production.
· Comprehensive knowledge of modern data science and product analytics tools and techniques such as Python, R, Machine Learning, advanced statistics and data mining techniques.
· Deep knowledge of Amazon’s AWS ecosystem (ex: Lambda architecture, EMR, TimeStream, RedShift) on big data.
· Strong hands-on experience with NOSQL, Timeseries, Graph, Columnar and Relational databases.
· Bachelors/Masters in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline preferred
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Digital Commerce
Location: Palo Alto
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.