Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian Plant Accounting plays an important role in bringing our innovative new vehicles to production. In this role you will lead a team of highly engaged Plant Accountants in ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting. We’re looking for a well-rounded Accounting Manager who is passionate about employee development, can lead through rapid change and seeks to understand all aspects of the business, our products and mission.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead the month-end close process
- Enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles
- Ensure timely and accurate transactions through all phases of the fixed asset cycle
- Monitor, control and report on inventory accuracy
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
- Assign projects and direct team members to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in accounting or finance
- Minimum 2 years experience in the manufacturing industry setting
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Strong ERP systems experience, preferably SAP
- Demonstrated history of process improvement
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, ever-changing environment
- A desire to contribute to a respectful, fun, inclusive, and inspiring team culture
- Previous managerial experience
- CPA/CMA or equivalent certification
- Advanced Excel skills
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
- Department: Accounting
- Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.